Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Time to go

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's time for me to leave. This decison and process has taught me a lot about myself, my relationship with Chris, and how blessed I am to have such a different and interesting group of friends.

I will go to Houston tomorrow and take a 15 hour flight to Dubai. This plays very much into what I have learned about myself..which is that I have a pretty high tolerance for waiting. All of the redundant paperwork, handling of other peoples mistakes and nagivgation to do this has been a real test and one that I would like to think that I handled with more grace than not.

I also would like to take some time here to mention my love and admiration for Chris. She has done so much in regards to packing the house, helping me get the paperwork done and been the rock on which our family is grounded. People often pick on me about how lucky I am to have her, but they are correct. I am quite honestly very luckyto have her as a best friend and wife. I hope that all of the BS that we are having to go through to get her and the kids over there soon passes quickly because I miss her when we aren't together. Chris...I love you and this is going to be a hell of an adventure.

To my friends. Thank all of you. For everything. If a person is measured by the impact they have had on others I may fall short. But if it is done by the opposite method, on the impact others have had on me; what a fantastic life I've had so far.
- To the posse, I wish more LSU roadtrips and full ice chests of fish.
- To the Rat Pack, I wish more +6's.
- To my collegues, I wish the school realises it isn't as important as you are.
This in my mind is not goodbye. Farewell is more appropriate. I hope all of us fare well.
For the moment, I am just going to check out what is on the otherside of a very distant hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment