Friday, September 17, 2010

Grocery Shopping

It's funny to confess this, but one of my guilty pleasures is grocery shopping at Carrefour on a Thursday morning,the first day of the weekend here!  Riyadh has three Carrefour grocery stores run by the French chain, selling all the best France has to offer.  All their upper level managers are imported from France as well as many of their customers!  It's what I call "expat central" on that weekend morning.
It is the place to buy your cheeses, delicacies, prepared food, fruits, vegetables and fresh dairy products imported directly from France and arriving on the shelves on Thursday morning. Many of their products are also the Carrefour store brand that you came to rely on for their price and quality. 
And, as I found out yesterday morning, their receipt is even printed in English, a big plus from the Arabic receipts from last year.  I can review the prices after purchasing all my goods and wonder how my total bill is always around the same amount, with 5 or 10 or 15 grocery bags filling my grocery cart!

No comments:

Post a Comment